Monday 25 November 2013

First Draft Digipak Advertisement




This is my first draft for my advertisement for my digipak. I have used the image that is on my front cover of my digipak as I want to keep a consistency throughout the digipak and the advertisement and it would make the album easily recognised. I have similarly used the white typography too as this is used in the digipak. I have changed some of the typography on some parts as it looked strange without a different typography and I am happy with the one I used as it makes the album name stand out. I have included the record company logo and the bands name as this is important for them, and the web address would allow fans to find out more about them. I have also included a star rating which makes it look really realistic but also because it makes the album seem really good and then persuading them to buy it. Adding to this, I chose to use the magazine 'Q' as this writes about similar genre based bands such as indie bands. This would allow people who read this magazine to encourage them to then buy the Digipak. 

I am quite happy with the overall look of the advertisement but I haven't decided yet on whether to use the image stretched across or to have a plain background. I am going to speak to my teacher and ask her on her opinions and how I can improve both my advertisement and my digipak. 

I took inspiration from bands/artists that are similar to the genre of our band. For example, Florence and The Machine uses her album cover as the image for her advertisement which is something I have done.
Kings of Leon use one image spread across the entire page and then the text over it, which is what I have also done, however they use a different image to their album cover but it is very similar which keeps the consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment